Songs that lend a voice to the equestrian world in a way only music can.
The amazing indie folk outfit (and 100% Sound featured artist), Trampled By Turtles, is hosting its first annual music festival this Saturday. What’s it called? Festival Palomino. Where does it take place? At the Canterbury Park Racetrack in Shakopee, Minnesota, of course. You can almost smell the horsiness from here!
Specifically, spectators will be serenaded by a lineup curated by the band on the lawn inside Canterbury’s oval track, at a racing hub located just outside Minneapolis. Plus the band promises to have great food on hand and an artist village filled with independent arts and crafts vendors. It sounds so amazing, I want to jump in my car right now and make my way to Minnesota.
But alas I can’t. So I decided to do the next best thing – make a 100% Sound playlist with nothing but traveling songs from each of the artists in the lineup. If you are like me and can’t make it to Festival Palomino this weekend, then I suggest you assume the summer music festival position by lying back on clean patch of grass near your pony and pressing play on this list. And if you are going, know that we are so jealous!
Listen to the full playlist on Spotify here: Festival Palomino
1. HOME (LEAVE THE LIGHTS ON) by Field Report
2. DETROIT DETROIT by Erik Koskinen from the album Keep It To Yourself
3. LOOK OUT MAMA by Hurray For The Riff Raff from the album Look Out Mama
4. KATIE QUEEN OF TENNESSEE by The Apache Relay from the album Apache Relay
5. HEART OF GOLD by Charles Bradley & His Extraordinaries from the album No Time For Dreaming
6. GREEN ROCKY ROAD by Spirit Family Reunion from the album No Separation
7. RIVERS AND ROADS by The Head And The Heart from the album The Head And The Heart
8. SO BLUE by Low from the album The Invisible Way
9. THE CALM AND THE CRYING WIND by Trampled By Turtles from the album Stars And Satellites
10. MIDNIGHT ON THE INTERSTATE by Trampled By Turtles from the album Stars And Satellites