Songs that lend a voice to the equestrian world in a way only music can.
This week’s Horse Circus is being preempted by 100% Sound, but this no mere matter of convenience. No, this is art imitating life. Right now thousands of music fans are taking over the fields of the Empire Polo Club, which are usually reserved for the very best ponies. So Counter-Canter Culture and 100% Sound are simply following suit.
If you want to learn more about what happens on the Coachella polo fields when the music fans aren’t around, check out this earlier article from The Horse Circus. Then jump back here to get a taste of the amazing line up at Day Two of Coachella 2014.
Day Two offers up a host of 100% Sound artist, like City and Colour, The Head And The Heart, Capital Cities, Pharrell Williams, and Muse, who will take listeners on a journey from complete despair to utter elation. Also on the playlist are some upcoming bands we all should know, like Bear Hands and Bombay Bicycle Club.
But by far my favorite thing on the Day Two playlist is the Pixies. Until this week it was only rumored that they would make an appearance at Coachella 2014 and now they are here! For me, the Pixies are not only a top-notch act, but also a symbol of my dressage career. Strange, I know. Let me explain.
At my very first schooling show in dressage, the venue played music throughout all the tests. The music of choice – Vitamin String Quartet’s Tribute to Pixies – naturally. (Check it out here.) I had to laugh when I realized my friend was riding to “Wave of Mutilation.” But I was quite a bit luckier. As I entered at A, the track changed. “Here Comes Your Man” emanated from the arena speakers, and I was ecstatic. What a way to kick off a new career!
Enjoy that classic Pixies track this weekend, and many more wonderful tunes, coming your way in Day Two of Coachella 2014.
Get the full playlist on Spotify here: C-CC Presents Coachella Day 2
1. JULIEN by Bear Hands from the album Burning Bush Supper Club
2. SHUFFLE by Bombay Bicycle Club from the album A Different Kind Of Fix
3. DEATH’S SONG by City and Colour from the album The Hurry And The Harm
4. DOWN IN THE VALLEY by The Head And The Heart from the album The Head And The Heart
5. SAFE AND SOUND by Capital Cities from the album In A Tidal Wave Of Mystery
6. DON’T STOP (COLOR ON THE WALLS) by Foster The People from the album Torches
7. HERE COMES YOUR MAN by Pixes from the album Doolittle
8. WALKING ON A DREAM by Empire Of The Sun from the album Walking On A Dream
9. HAPPY by Pharrell Williams from the album G I R L
10. KNIGHTS OF CYDONIA by Muse from the album Black Holes And Revelations